The Snake River Management Plan that was adopted by the Teton County Board of County Commissioners outlines the department's role in regulating commercial use on the Snake River in Teton County.
This river map will allow you to see real time whether you are on public or private land while floating the Snake River.
Click here for information regarding certified use of the Snake River for outfitters and guides.
Public Service Announcement
Wilson Boat Ramp Construction
September 11, 2023 – Teton County/Jackson Parks & Recreation (TCJPR) would like to thank the boating community for its patience as staff works to ensure safe access to the Wilson Boat Ramp during construction. Staff will work with our contractor to ensure the following schedule:
- Now through Sunday, September 24: Normal ramp operations.
- On Monday, September 25 and Tuesday, September 26: the boat ramp will be accessible via normal access route before 11:00 a.m. The loading and unloading area may be impacted minimally prior to 11:00 a.m. due to staging activities. Reservations can still be made to launch for these days so long as the launch is before11:00 a.m.
- As of Today, no reservations are available for September 25 or 26 after 11:00 a.m.
- Private users should expect significant delays after 11:00 a.m. on September 25 and 26.
- If a commercial river outfitter has booked a reservation after 11:00 a.m. for September 25 or 26, please contact Heather Fuerst prior to 4:00 p.m. on September 11 (today).
- Staff and contractors will work with users coming from Grand Teton National Park or areas north of the Wilson Boat Ramp, to allow egress on those dates.
- Wednesday, September 27 through Sunday, October 1: reservations for commercial outfitters will take place as usual. The ramp area will be accessible for both private and commercial use and will likely be one-way with the possibility of short delays. Traffic control measures will be in place. Users should take extra caution and pay attention to signage and construction personnel.
- Monday, October 2: the Wilson Boat Ramp access road and ramp area will be closed. It will be an active construction zone until work is completed or weather shuts down construction for the season.
September 6, 2023 - Teton County/Jackson Parks & Recreation has met with our contractor at the Wilson Boat Ramp and are currently working to ensure access to Wilson Boat Ramp through October 1st, 2023 with ramp closure effective October 2nd, 2023. As of today we are still coordinating and evaluating impacts to ensure access for river users and the public through the month of September. There will likely be limited impacts with respect to traffic access and parking constraints during the month of September. Staff will work with the contractor to ensure safe access and provide regular updates as they are worked out. First update will be by Tuesday September 12th, sooner if possible.
Early Season Boat Ramp Access
March 14, 2023 - Teton County/Jackson Parks & Recreation would like to announce that there will be early season river access at Wilson Boat Ramp and South Park Boat Ramp. The Parks Department budgets for April 15th opening of boat ramp facilities for public use. Due to the exceptional snowfall this year the Snake River Fund (SRF) is coordinating efforts and resources to create access to both Wilson and South Park ramps. Those who would like to contribute to SRF’s ramp clearing campaign can do so at www.snakeriverfund.org/donate. Clearing of the access roads and ramps will take place on Thursday March 16th, 2023, and barring any unforeseen weather impacts the ramps will open for river access by Friday March 17th. The SRF will be responsible for restroom access and facilities maintenance until April 15th. Please be aware that down river established access/exit points located in the Bridger Teton National Forest are not currently open. For additional information on boat ramps south of South Park please reference the BTNF website: https://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/btnf/recreation/fishing/?recid=71389&actid=43
Additionally, there will be construction impacts at Wilson Boat Ramp this spring related to the upland development. Staff anticipates minimal impacts until fall of 2023 but there may be some closures or restricted access from time to time. Teton County will communicate those through press releases and post on the Parks & Recreation website, as well as the Snake River Fund website. The Snake River Fund would like to remind users that early season conditions exist. Cold water, unpredictable weather, and unnavigable channels should all be considered when planning an early season float. Please boat responsibly and be respectful of the river resources, wildlife impacts and avoid private property. We would like to thank the SRF for their efforts and willingness to provide this amenity to the community prior to spring opening. For questions or concerns regarding Wilson and South Park you can e-mail Andy Erskine, Parks Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org