Titling Pre-Owned Vehicles with a Wyoming Title

To transfer the title of a pre-owned vehicle which is currently titled in the state of Wyoming, you will need the following:

  • Original Wyoming title needs to be signed in front of a notary. Note: Per W.S. 31-2-104 (m) Titles created before January 1, 2020 that include the verbiage "AND", "AND/OR",  or "JTWROS" must be signed by all owners in front of a notary. Titles created after January 1, 2020 that contain "OR" must be signed by one owner in front of a notary. Titles that contain "OR" and "JTWROS" must be signed by all owners in front of a notary.
  • Any liens which appear on the front of the title must be properly released by a deputy county clerk OR you must be provided with a lien release or termination statement from the lien holder.
  • A completed State of Wyoming Title Application and VIN Inspection Form
  • The odometer disclosure on the title must be properly completed or a separate odometer disclosure statement (PDF) must be presented. Check the odometer information on the title. It must conform to federal standards by reading as follows: I hereby state that the odometer now reads (no tenths) and to the best of my knowledge reflects the actual mileage of the vehicle . . . If the statement does not include the (no tenths), a separate statement is required. This is not necessary if the model year is more than 10 years old.
  • If the vehicle is purchased from a dealer, you must have a Wyoming Sales/Use tax form and the dealer`s purchase invoice. If purchased from a dealer, you may also be provided with a Dealer Reassignment Form which the dealer may have you sign and have your signature notarized.
  • If purchased from a dealer, you will need the dealer`s purchase invoice and proof of insurance to obtain or transfer license plates. If purchased from an individual, you will need a bill of sale.
  • If purchased from an individual or not provided with a Wyoming Dealer`s Reassignment Form, at least one of the buyer`s must sign the purchaser`s application and have their signature notarized. This can be done in our office and a deputy clerk will provide the notary service, but you must present a driver`s license or other form of identification at that time. you will need a bill of sale.
  • A Security Agreement/Loan Contract or UCC financing statement if the vehicle is financed.

When in doubt, give us a shout:

  • Phone: 307-733-4433
  • E-mail: vehicletitles@tetoncountywy.gov
  • Fax: 307-739-8634