Our team is dedicated to fostering collaboration and engagement in our community and our work! This is a great opportunity for an innovative leader to manage Environmental Health programs and provide training and supervision to staff.
Primary Job Duties:
- Conducts periodic inspections of various establishments and facilities including but not limited to restaurants, pools, spas, child care, and tattoo parlors to verify compliance with state and local health codes; maintains accurate records of all inspections; reviews construction plans related to new and remodeled food and drink establishments, pools, spas, and child care centers.
- Responds to environmental complaints; assists State Health Department conduct epidemiological investigations of reported illness or disease outbreaks.
- Plans, organizes, implements and supervises environmental health services and staff; develops and prioritizes procedures and guidelines; trains personnel to fulfill the requirements that meet environmental health and public health standards.
- Prepares annual budget and productivity reports by monitoring activities, expenditures, and revenues.
- Registered Environmental Health Specialist (REHS) with a Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Health, Life Sciences, or related field
- Four years of environmental health experience with two years in a supervisory role
Application Deadline is 5:00 pm on October 20th
Criminal background check required.
Equal Opportunity Employer