Position Summary: This position promotes community health by ensuring compliance of state/local health codes and performing routine inspections for food establishments, pools/spas, and related facilities.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- B.S in Environmental Health, Microbiology or related field and two years’ experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Registered EHS with the National Environmental Health Association, or can obtain within one year.
Primary Job Duties:
- Conducts periodic inspections of various establishments and facilities including but not limited to restaurants, pools, spas, child care facilities, and tattoo parlors to verify compliance with state and local health codes; maintains accurate records of all inspections; reviews construction plans related to new and remodeled food and drink establishments, pools, and spas and child care centers.
- Establishes a standard application process for restaurants and food establishments engaged in processes requiring Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Plan (HACCP); guides facilities through HACCP processes; reviews and approves completed plans.
- Performs bacteriological analysis of drinking water, swimming pools, and spa water; reports all test results to Environmental Protection Agency (EPA); investigates positive water samples; makes referrals for transient non-community public water systems and private water well sample resolution
- Educates the public about regulations and health standards; organizes, prepares, and conducts food and pool informational presentations and training for public facility operators.
- Investigates human health hazard complaints for unhealthy, unsanitary, or unsafe conditions in water supplies, wastewater and sewage disposal, pollution and vector control, lead exposure, and mold. Assists State Health Department conduct epidemiological investigations of reported illness or disease outbreaks as needed.
- Plans, trains, and implements all hazard response plans with agency staff and State bioterrorism teams.
- Supports the relationship between the Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Application deadline is Friday, October 27th, 4:00 pm
Criminal background check required.
Equal Opportunity Employer