Job Summary: Under general supervision, assists in the administrative and supervisory functions involved in the operations of the public pool and adjoining areas and supervision and training of assigned staff.
Primary Job Duties:
- Supervises and provides on-going training to assigned staff; hires, trains, schedules, and assigns tasks to lifeguard staff.
- Oversees the daily operations of aquatics; enforces pool rules and policies, maintains operational records, prepares and manages aquatics operations budget.
- Directs and participates in preventative maintenance and repair of aquatics equipment; maintains pool filters, pumps, chemical and electrical systems; maintains chemical inventories; assists with maintenance and orders supplies as necessary.
- Coordinates with Recreation Center Manager to schedule special and group events.
- Performs lifeguard duties as needed.
- Supports the relationship between the Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Physical Education, or related field; AND three years of experience in aquatics which includes administrative and supervisory duties; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Application deadline is December 15th, 4:00 pm
Teton County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants will be required to pass a criminal background check