News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/30/2022 8:39:19 AM to 5/1/2022 12:00:06 AM.
Parks & Rec Service Levels
Posted on: March 30, 2022
[ARCHIVED] Spring Transition
- Grooming is done for the season starting week of March 28th.
- Pathways and sidewalks are currently being swept and cleared for safe access with certain shaded areas and outlying sections being the last to be cleaned.
- Hard courts at Miller Park will be open starting Saturday March 26th with the goal of infrastructure being in place by Friday April 1st, weather dependent. Fairground’s tennis courts will be another week or two.
- High School tennis courts and field reservations scheduling on Teton County School District (TCSD) must be made through TCSD. https://www.tcsd.org/Content2/516
- Town and County Parks, shelters and fields reservations and scheduling can be through Teton County/Jackson Parks & Recreation. http://www.tetonparksandrec.org/1338/Parks-Pathways
- Seasonal restrooms will open approximately May 1st in Parks.
- Please tread lightly in our open green spaces as the snow melts and we transition to “mud season”.
- Please continue to pick up after your pet. All pet waste that remains on the ground throughout the winter and before our soils completely thaw (mid-April to mid-May depending on the weather year) ends up in our watersheds via surface runoff.
- The Parks Department appreciates the community’s patience as we transition from winter to summer operations and work around our tricky “spring” weather.