Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, self-directed, enjoys problem-solving and developing partnerships with community stakeholders. Candidates should have two years’ experience in recreation programming and a Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Develops, schedules, and coordinates recreation programs and events; manages event and program registration process and paperwork; load, unload, and distribute event equipment and supplies; supervises activity participants, volunteers and staff; provides staff support.
- Selects and trains new staff members, contract instructors, and volunteers; prepares schedules and assigns tasks and special projects; evaluates work performance and corrects deficiencies or implements disciplinary procedures as needed; responds to personnel complaints and problems.
- Promotes and markets programs; responds to inquiries and communicates program materials and information with program participants and general public.
- Develops and manages annual budget; monitors income and expenses; evaluate program budgets; write grants to support programs; orders program supplies and equipment.
- Facilitates and maintains partnerships with local businesses, school districts, government agencies, and other community members; recruit sponsorship and donations for programs and events.
- Supports the relationship between the Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation, Physical Education, or related field; AND two years of experience in recreation programming, which includes administrative experience and supervision; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Wyoming/Idaho Driver’s License and maintain an acceptable driving record; Commercial Driver’s License may be required.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Specific technical skills training and certifications may be required depending upon area of assignment.
Application deadline: January 16, 2018
Hiring Range: $19.91 - $20.91
Criminal background check required.
Equal Opportunity Employer