“WARMing Up to New Markets”
· Two University of Wyoming students researched
possible materials and markets for Teton County Integrated Solid Waste and Recycling
(ISWR) to consider for expanding the current recycling program.
· Materials researched: Cartons/Tetra Pak, glass, Expanded
Polystyrene, tires, carpet and carpet pad, mattresses, asphalt shingles, rigid
plastics and plastics 3-7, and gypsum board.
· Materials were ranked based on market viability,
location of facility, and if the material is being recycled or used as
· Cartons/Tetra Pak topped the list as a potential
new material for Teton County to accept for recycling. ISWR will continue to monitor
regional recycling opportunities for this commodity and provide updates as markets
· To view the students’ report or request additional information, please contact Teton County Integrated Solid Waste and Recycling at (307) 733-7678.