The Teton County Sheriff's Office is hiring a Detention Officer. Candidates with or without experience are encouraged to apply. Successful applicants will become part of a key component in the criminal justice system and can enjoy a challenging and rewarding career in law enforcement.
Detention Officers are responsible for the care and welfare of prisoners confined within the jail while using proper safety methods and techniques.
Other responsibilities include:
- Maintain security of facility by conducting security checks, settling disputes, performing cell searches, inspections and conducting outside perimeter checks.
- Issue inmate meals, clothing, linens and personal items.
- Supervise inmate programs, including recreational, legal, health care, visitation and religious services.
- Prepare reports on jail and inmate activities.
- Supervise inmates performing assignments such as cleaning and maintaining the jail facility.
Successful candidates must be able to think clearly and take action in tense and uncertain conditions, while maintaining professionalism at all times. Spanish speaking, writing, and comprehension ability is preferred, but not required.
Teton County's comprehensive benefit package which includes 100% employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance, retirement benefits, and vacation, sick and holiday leave which includes a comprehensive benefit package.
For job Application and job description please: visit www.tetonsheriff.org
Application deadline is 5:00pm July 14th
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are required to pass a criminal background check.