Are there sandbags available to Teton County residents and businesses for flood protection?

Yes, there are. Teton County Emergency Management has a limited number of sandbags for local residents and businesses. They will be made available on a first-come, first-serve basis when flooding potential is high (such as during National Weather Service-issued flood watches and warnings).

Residents and businesses that are at risk for flooding should contact Emergency Management at 307-733-9572 to request sandbags. Recipients of sandbags are responsible for obtaining their own sand and also for building their sandbag dikes. After the risk of flooding has subsided, usable sandbags are to be returned to Emergency Management for future distribution.

Show All Answers

1. As a member of the community, are there any steps I can take to help prepare for a disaster?
2. I just recently moved to the area. What hazards should I be aware of?
3. I would like to have a disaster preparedness talk for my organization. Who would I contact?
4. Are there sandbags available to Teton County residents and businesses for flood protection?
5. I have never worked with sandbags for flood protection. Are there any instructions available?
6. Do I need flood insurance?
7. I just discovered that my property is in a newly established Special Flood Hazard Area. What now?
8. I don't have local TV and usually don't listen to local radio stations. I still want to receive emergency alerts, however. What should I do?
9. Does Teton County use outdoor sirens for public warning?
10. Can I receive important information and Emergency Alert System (EAS) messages via text message (SMS) or email from Teton County?
11. Is Teton County Emergency Management on Twitter?
12. I haven't received a Nixle SMS/email message in a long time. Is it still working?
13. I'm a commuter and need to know right away if Teton Pass or the Snake River Canyon closes. Where can I get this info?