Teton County Wyoming

County Clerk

Mission Statement
The County Clerk`s Office is mandated by the Wyoming State Legislature to provide a variety of services to the citizens of Teton County. Our goal is to provide these services in the most efficient, cost-effective manner possible.
Move your mouse over dates to show events for that day. Click on a date to see all information on events for that day.

No events found for 08/22/2017

Upcoming Events


Titling Previously-Owned Vehicles with an Out-of-State Title

Quite often, the title you receive from the seller may be one issued from a neighboring state such as Idaho or Utah. Some states no longer require the seller`s signatures to be notarized on the title. A good rule of thumb is if the title contains a place for a notary, have the seller`s signatures notarized. You will need the following:

  • Original title properly signed by the seller(s) and clear of all liens or a lien release/termination statement.



  • The odometer disclosure on the title must be properly completed or a separate odometer disclosure statement must be presented. Check the odometer information on the title. It must conform to federal standards by reading as follows: I hereby state that the odometer now reads (no tenths) and to the best of my knowledge reflects the actual mileage of the vehicle . . . If the statement does not include the (no tenths), a separate statement is required. This is not necessary if the model year is more than 10 years old.


  • If the vehicle is purchased from a Wyoming dealer, you must have a Wyoming Sales/Use tax form and present it with the above documents. This is not required if the vehicle was purchased from an individual or from an out-of-state dealer. If purchased from a dealer, you may also be provided with a Dealer Reassignment Form which the dealer may have you sign and have your signature notarized. 


  • If the vehicle is NOT purchased from a Wyoming dealer, a vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection completed by a law enforcement officer. This may be done by the Jackson Police Department, the Teton County Sheriff`s Department, or the Wyoming Highway Patrol. Be prepared to provide proof of ownership (dealer`s invoice or bill of sale) and identification.


  • If purchased from a dealer, you will need the dealer`s purchase invoice and proof of insurance to obtain or transfer license plates. If purchased from an individual, you will need a notarized bill of sale.


  • If purchased from an individual or not provided with a Wyoming Dealer`s Reassignment Form, at least one of the buyer`s must sign the purchaser`s application and have their signature notarized. This can be done in our office and a deputy clerk will provide the notary service, but you must present a driver`s license or other form of identification at that time.


  • A Security Agreement/Loan Concract or UCC financing statement if the vehicle is financed.