Teton County Wyoming

Clerk of District Court

Please mail to:
Clerk of District Court
P.O. Box 4460
Jackson, WY  83001

Phone: (307) 733-2533
Fax: (307) 734-1562

Teton County Courthouse, Second Floor
180 South King Street
8 AM - 5 PM, Monday through Friday


Passport applications are available at this office between 8 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday, or on the Bureau of Consular Affairs website.

The normal application process takes 4 to 6 weeks. If you wish to expedite your passport you must pay an additional $60.00. With the expedite fee you can expect your passport in 2 - 3 weeks.



Renewal Form Applications are available at the Clerk of Court office or can be obtained from the Bureau of Consular Affairs website. The applicant can send in the application through the mail if the requirements below can be met. The fee is $110.

  • You can submit your most recent passport.
  • You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was ISSUED.
  • You were issued your most recent passport less than 15 years ago.
  • You use the same name as on your most recent passport, OR you have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can SUBMIT certified documentation to reflect your name change.



All applicants from birth to adult are required to appear. At the time of application you must submit the following:

  • A previous passport or a certified copy of your birth certificate issued by the state in which you were born (we cannot accept HOSPITAL certificates) or a naturalization certificate. If your passport is dog-eared or watermarked it is considered mutilated and you must submit a certified copy of your birth certificate AND the mutilated passport. If you are in possession of an old passport you are required to submit it and it will be returned to you with your new one.
  • One 2" x 2" high quality passport photo with a white or off-white background. Top of the head to bottom of the chin must be no less than 1" and no greater than 1 3/8". Passport photos must be able to withstand mounting temperatures of 225 degrees and must be in color. We recommend getting them done professionally.
  • A valid Wyoming drivers license or state issued photo ID. If you have out of state ID, you must provide a second form of photo ID.  If you cannot furnish the above you must bring someone with you that can attest to your identity and who has known you for more than 2 YEARS. They must provide a valid photo ID and will be required to execute an "Affidavit of Identifying Witness".
  • Payment. Passport fees for birth through 15 years of age are $80.00, and 16 years of age and older are $110.00. There is an execution fee of $25.00 for each passport. We accept, and encourage, personal checks (one will go to US Dept of State, and one to Clerk of Court) and/or cash. We regret that we cannot accept credit cards.


Children under 16 must submit a certified copy of their birth certificate and a previous passport if one has been issued. THE CHILD AND BOTH PARENTS are required to BE PRESENT. The parents must show valid personal identification and sign the application form. If the second parent is not available, the appearing parent must present evidence that he/she has sole legal custody of the child OR written consent of the other parent for the issuance of the passport OR a written statement explaining why non-applying parent`s consent cannot be obtained.

See form DS-3053: Statement of Consent:Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16. You can find this form on the Bureau of Consular Affairs website. Be advised that deviating from the requirements WILL DELAY PASSPORT ISSUANCE. For more details please contact the Clerk of Court office, (307) 733-2533.



Used only for travel at land border crossings or sea port-of-entry. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air. The application process is the same as for a passport book. The fee is $55.00 for an adult and $40.00 for a minor. Adult renewal is $30.00.



To seek passport information and to check on the status of pending applications call the National Passport Information Center 1-877-4USAPPT or 1-877-487-2778, TTY/TDD users 1-888-874-7793.

You can also go to travel.state.gov.

To obtain more information and download forms, go to the Bureau of Consular Affairs website.

To obtain a certified copy of a Wyoming birth certificate call 1-307-777-7591.

For all other states, you can call our office at 733-2533 for appropriate phone numbers.